Portfolio Prof. Dr. Pia Schober
Since March 2016, Pia Schober has been a Professor of Sociology at the University of Tübingen. From 2012 to 2016, Pia Schober was a Senior Research Associate at the Department of Education and Family at the German Institute for Economic Research (DIW Berlin) and she remains associated with the DIW Berlin as a Research Fellow. Previously, she held two postdoctoral research fellowships funded by the Economic and Social Research Council and by the British Academy and was based at the Department of Sociology at University of Cambridge (2009-2012). In 2009, she completed a Ph.D. in Social Policy at the London School of Economics.
• Social inequalities in child care, education, and child development
• Gender inequalities in education, employment and family life
• Demographic processes of family formation and dissolution
• Family policy and early childhood education and care policy
• Quantitative methods and longitudinal data analysis